We are presenting inviting applications for the Full-Time position of:
Field Services & Engineering Technologist
The Field Services & Engineering Technologist is responsible to perform functions in the utility field services, metering and distributed generation business and provide other engineering services to customers participating in a wide range of programs in Ontario’s electrical market.
The Field Services & Engineering Technologist’s responsibilities include the following:
- Complete Field Service work, such as but not limited to Solar PV Site visits, Utility Pole Testing, Infra-Red scanning and completing required reporting.
- Conduct remote and on-site routine testing, maintenance field service and commissioning of meter sites & other related duties.
- Complete all Metering Services activities and obligations in compliance with IESO policies and standards in a timely manner.
- Prepare, maintain reports ready to be reviewed by in-house engineer and calculations to validate wholesale meter accuracy, and ensure compliance with applicable market standards.
- Manage and schedule annual equipment calibrations, purchase new metering and communication equipment and manage inventory.
- Program, troubleshoot and maintain wireless network systems used in metering communications.
- Provide support for investigations, audits, tests and dispute resolution related to meter data.
- Update and maintain procedures relating to metering equipment and data.
- Administer a fleet of diesel generators to ensure market participation by coordinating with facility owners and maintenance providers.
- Complete engineering and financial studies and analyses.
- Carry Out the market registration, maintenance, and participation of organizations taking part in a variety of IESO-administered programs.
- Complete IESO compliance audits on behalf of customers participating in IESO programs.
- Provide electrical engineering consulting services in coordination with in-house licensed engineer to electrical generators, loads and other market participants.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of an Engineering Technologist diploma from an accredited college.
- 3-5 years electrical/utility industry experience
- Knowledge of IESO wholesale metering standards and operating reserve market
- Knowledge of electrical metering
- Has or is working towards Cert. Electrical Technologist certification (CDN)
- Experience in an engineering and project management role
- Class G license, with clear drivers abstract
- Ability to travel and work outside of Essex County when required.
- Be capable of lifting and moving 23kgs, on a repeated basis following Essex Energy H&S guidelines.
- Be capable of working in an outdoors environment
Please note all of the above is subject to testing and validation.
Essex Energy Corp. is committed to developing a highly skilled and motivated team. Essex Energy offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive wage, benefit plans, and pension plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter and a detailed resume by Monday, March 8, 2021 to email@example.com
*Please note Field Services and Engineering Technologist in subject line*
Essex Energy Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.