Essex Energy is currently hiring for a Project Coordinator! See below for Job Description and details.
The Project Coordinator serves as a single point of contact for projects/programs and will guide projects from initiation through final completion. Other daily duties include coordination of program marketing, managing program rules and participant eligibility, scheduling, budget and cost management, and reporting. In addition to the above, the Project Coordinator will help drive new opportunities, supporting the preparation and creation of proposals and business cases, as required.
The Project Coordinator’s general accountabilities include the following:
- Develop strategies to ensure successful achievement of established program objectives.
- Forecasting and planning projects to budget.
- Manage customer issues, expectations, and concerns as they arise, in support of program objectives.
- Ensure customer satisfaction associated with delivery of the program(s).
- Identify, recommend and implement change to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and implement best practices where possible.
- Identify performance setbacks and implement timely corrective action in consultation with senior leadership.
- Understand and forecast customer impact of programs and initiatives.
- Initiate strategic initiatives to influence program adoption and customer behaviour.
- Reporting to internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Participate in RFP/Proposal creation process.
- Support contract-award/negotiations with respect to 3rd party contracts, as necessary.
- Establish Service Level documents with 3rd parties.
- Develop and maintain functional expertise of electricity markets, industries, technologies, and programs through self-driven and company-provided training and knowledge building initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential knowledge and education.
- Education: Requires a thorough knowledge of customer service, business processes and acumen, program management, reporting, financial concepts, business planning, and budget administration. this knowledge is typically acquired through the successful completion of a four-year university education. A degree in business management, finance, or related degree, and knowledge of renewable energy and/or electric vehicles are considered assets.
- Skills: Requires excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills. Requires attention to detail when assessing financial/budget related issues and making recommendations. A creative problem solving, and solution-oriented individual is likely to succeed in this role. While a technical or engineering background is not required for this role, the ability to quickly gain a functional understanding of technical concepts is considered an asset.
- Experience: Requires 1 to 3 years of related work experience in a program management, customer service, finance or engineering/technology related environment.
Essential Competencies include:
- Customer orientation and commitment to corporate goals and customer needs.
- Ability to develop cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide high quality deliverables on schedule with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to focus and work under pressure to meet concurrent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to assess and manage risk and issues.
- Familiarity of local geographical area is an asset.
Please note all of the above is subject to testing and validation.
Essex Energy Corporation is committed to developing a highly skilled and motivated team. Essex Energy offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive wage, benefit plans and pension plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter and detailed resume by Friday, July 9, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note Project Coordinator in the subject line*
Essex Energy Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To download the job description in PDF, please click here.