JOB OPPORTUNITY – TECUMSEH, ONTARIO
Essex Energy Corporation (“EEC”) is a dynamic energy technology company. As the “Smart Grid” continues to evolve in North America and throughout the world, so are the needs of electrical utilities, generators, transmitters, and consumers. For the past 16 years, we’ve taken pride in providing solutions for these diverse needs. Our products and services include Distribution Engineering, Renewable Energy Development, Distributed Generation Aggregation, Conservation & Demand Management, and Smart Grid Software Products & Development. First class services provided by first class employees. At Essex Energy, our employees are our greatest asset.
EEC is presently inviting applications for our TECUMSEH, ONTARIO office, for a ONE‐YEAR FULL TIME CONTRACT POSITION identified as:
Software Developer (Intermediate)
Roles and Responsibilities
· Develop, unit‐test, support, and maintain software applications.
· Seamlessly interact with Business Analysts, Customer Representatives, Development team, Third party vendors to gather client objectives and project requirements.
· Create documentation for Software Requirements Specification, Software Design and Deployment processes using design tools, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams.
· Investigate, research frameworks for projects; Update knowledge by studying state‐of‐the‐art development tools and programming techniques.
· Train/support software developers in development activities by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
· Work in a high functioning agile development team.
· Engage in Project management, meeting project objectives, and User Acceptance Testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or college diploma in Computer Programming.
· Relevant experience in software development.
· Able to manage end‐to‐end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC )
· Working knowledge of .NET, HTML5, Java Script (React), C#, WPF, Web Services, and Databases (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server) is required.
· Experience in KX, Silverlight and Ironspeed would also be considered an asset.
· Must be enthusiastic, willing to learn and able to tackle challenging problems.
EEC offers a competitive salary based commensurate with education and experience. Interested applicants are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter and a detailed resume by March 1st, 2019 to:
*please note Software Developer (Intermediate) in subject line*
EEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please make note of any required accommodation with your email submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.